Steps to reproduce:
- add two user accounts in host OS (user1 and user2)
- run System UI from user1 session, do something (run/install packages)
- stop System UI
- switch to user2 session
- run System UI from user2 session
- try to install package
$appman-controller install-package -a untitled1.pkg
Starting installation of package untitled1.pkg to internal-0...
Acknowledging package installation...
ERROR: failed to install package: could not create manifest sub-directory /tmp/minidesk/manifests/untitled1+ (code: 10)
"/tmp" directory shared between users and can be updated (write access) only by author (owner: user1; accces: drwxr-xr-x)
- use home directory for System UI data (per-user)
- grant access for "/tmp" to all users (drwxrwxrwx)
Other multi-user scenarios can be checked also:
- switching between users without stopping System UI and logout