We recognize a raising trend towards using Python on embedded devices. This is cause by two trends:
- Embedded hardware getting more powerful year over year
- Developers asking for more lean approaches for prototyping
More specifically, it is possible to use QML and Python without any C++ to prototype application designs, do faster iterations and integrate python modules into an application, like for instance machine learning utilities.
Qt for Python will be an attractive offering in this domain, since:
1. There are not many UI solutions for Python on the market
2. There is no comparable Python based UI solution for embedded
3. With Froglogic tooling we would have a unique offering for testing
First initial research has been done. It requires effort in the python team and build system experts. We will start with Raspberry Pi and later extend to other platforms.
See issues in this epic covering related works