- Visual symbol is a graphics or group of elements (e.g. icon, button face, background art) that is used in the design
- The designer can create a reusable visual symbol from selected object(s).
- New symbol is automatically added to Library as a master
- The designer can make new instances of visual symbol in the design
- Changes to a symbol appear everywhere it is used in the designs
- Create overrides for specific parts of individual Symbols
- Speed ups workflow by giving a way to save and reuse common visual elements across the designs
- No need to jump between different tools