This epic collects work items related to research, prototyping and implementation work. Please note we have multiple ways to approach optimisation:
- Optimizing the Qt 3D Studio runtime 2.x for existing content
- Providing enablers for users to understand better how the content they generate runs on the target HW (starting from providing basic info on memory usage etc.).
- Use the advantage we have in the editor to:
- Providing optimization hints for designers to guide them towards creating better content.
- Analyze and optimize content by baking things (e.g. lightmaps) or marking certain special cases for the runtime (e.g. layer chains that can share target buffers).