Uploaded image for project: 'Qt'
  1. Qt
  2. QTBUG-105822

Incorrect locale loaded/detected on iPad

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Platform/s:
      iOS/tvOS/watchOS

      Description

      I've been trying to translate my app, from its original language, English (US) over to German (Germany) and Japanese (Japan).  I had a custom `qtquickcontrols2.conf` for Japanese that specified a larger font size for QML, which was loading correct (via the RCC's `lang="ja"` specifier in the `.qrc` file.

      It worked well on Linux, macOS, and Android, but the fonts were still somewhat small when I put it on my iPad (who's original language was English (US)).

      I changed the locale to Japanese on my iPad and was still seeing the smaller fonts.  Even tried restarting.

      In QML, I added in this logging line:

      ```

      print(Qt.locale().name);

      ```

       

      And in xcode the log reported that the locale was `en_US`.  But my app was displaying the Japanese strings correctly (from an embedded .qm file)

        Attachments

        No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            qt.team.quick.subscriptions Qt Quick and Widgets Team
            Reporter:
            define-private-public Ben S
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            4 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:

                Gerrit Reviews

                There are no open Gerrit changes