Virtualbox 6.1.40_Debian r154048
d27a623524 (qt/qtbase/dev) d27a623524 (qt/tqtc-qtbase/dev) f9b134d9e7 (qt/tqtc-qtbase/5.15) fbe46b767c (qt/tqtc-qtbase/6.3) b33386895d (qt/tqtc-qtbase/6.2)
Since commit 290b405872602de931646fe4f769eff208f9bbef (introduced in 5.15.5 in qt5 qtbase module), VLC and Virtualbox have redraw issues on some widgets.
In VLC, the reproduction steps are:
- Open VLC
- Open the playlist (CTRL + L)
- Play a video
- Stop the video
- While the playlist is open, resize the window, the playlist is not redrawn and visual glitches appear. The playlist is redrawn only when the size of the window is reduced.
- Play the video again, the screen is kept black (instead of displaying the video)
In Virtualbox, the reproduction steps are:
- Open the snapshots view (click on the menu button on a VM, then select Snapshots)
- Then switch between tabs "Attributes" and "Information"
- While the attributes tab is open, resize the window, there are visual glitches inside the "Description" text area.
See these videos:
Before 290b405872602de931646fe4f769eff208f9bbef (no glitches):
To find the commit, I've bisected qtbase git repository. This was initially detect on Debian Unstable, see details here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1023580.
But I've created this bug anyway because the issue here is not about undocked windows or menus, but common widgets within a window and affecting popular applications (VLC and Virtualbox at least).