STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Open the attached code in qmlviewer in device
2. Tap the blue rectangle (input field) and input some text to it
3. Tap the red rectangle (changes the echoMode) and see the text getting
revealed. Observe also the console, where the current inputMethodHints value of
input field is logged.
4. Input more text to input field and see the suggestion dialog popping up.
5. Tap one of the suggestions and see it adding extra space to field value
5. Tap the red rectangle again so that password mode is enabled and observe the
The inputted additional text should not be using predictive text mode. All the
values logged to console should be the same (= inputMethodHints value should be
the same all the time, regardless of the echoMode).
The additional text is inputted in predictive text mode (suggestions shown etc)
and values logged to console are 34, 0, 35, 0, 35, ... (34 is the correct one
in this case).
The actual issue can be seen via clicking the red rectangle and observing the
logged values, but via using the input field one can see the real problem as it
is seen by the end user = terrible UX.
The reason for changing the echoMode (in our case) is to allow the user to use
a checkbox to reveal the password he has inputted (or is about to input). If he
wants, he should be able to input the password in normal text mode (but without
the predictive text mode, obviously).
I tested this also with some older images, the oldest one being 13-4, and the
issue was visible there, too. It wasn't, however, until now this was discovered
in our app (NoA account plugin), so it might be that this is a (recent)