- check in configure script for presence of required headers
- explicit enable/disable configure options
- don't automatically enable on windows or mac, prefer the system API
- create a qnetworkproxy_libproxy file implementing the system proxy via this lib
- use this source file & link to required lib when configured
(note there is an old merge request in gitorious for this)
- libproxy has plugins for running PAC files
- ideally we want to use QtWebkit if app links to webkit, V8 if app links to declarative or QtScript if it links to that.
- we don't want libproxy to load yet another JS if we can avoid it
- plugin preferences are still prototype in libproxy, we might want to develop patches to libproxy as well.