Priority: P4: Low
Affects Version/s: 4.8.5, 5.2.0 Beta1
Fix Version/s: 5.5.0
Component/s: Serial Port
Environment:OS: Any Windows
Qt: Any v4.x, v5.x
Serial port: any physical or any virtual (e.g. com0com project http://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/)
- Connect to the remote side of the serial interface a some device which periodically sends some sequence of symbols (the some text).
- Run the Terminal example, configure and open appropriate serial port.
- To be convinced that data from the remote device correctly arrive and are displayed in the Terminal.
- Click by the left mouse button to the window title bar of the Terminal and to hold the button (as though we are going to move a window).
- Watch for the arrived data from the remote device.
A appear of each newcomer of the char/text data in the Terminal window.
A new arriving data aren't appear now in the Terminal window. But in case of release of the mouse button in the Terminal are displayed directly all data which was received while the mouse button was hold.
It seems, QWinEventNotifier stops when moving or resize a window. It is only the Windows OS specific bug.
PS: In case of absence of the real device it is possible to use a virtual null-modem pair of serial ports. For example, using a com0com project or something other.