I assume that you have built Qt from stable branch, commit dbac1e77f79ff99945cea41522f535132cacc692 and load project below in QtCreator.
minimal reproduce example.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open file qt5/qtdeclarative/src/quick/items/qquickloader.cpp, and place break at line 474 (should be "d->component = comp;")
2) Run programme
3) gdb should stop execution on break, press F5 until you see that value of comp -> [QObject] -> d_ptr -> url ends with "GeneralSettings.qml":
4) Remember address of "comp", in my case it is @0xf7f8c0
5) Open pane in QtCreator to issue commands to gdb: Window -> Views -> Debugger Log
6) Set this breakpoint via "Command:" LineEdit in opened pane
b QObject::deleteLater if this==0xf7f8c0
where 0xf7f8c0 - is YOUR address from previous step
7) Now disable break on line 474 ("d->component = comp;"), and run programme (press F5)
8) You should see window of main app, so press Ctrl+O (of press Tools -> Options) (just in case: if gdb did not stop execution after this, try to open second tab), at this point gdb should stop at break, which is placed at QObject::deleteLater!
As you can see comp with given address is really being deleted.
9) Now, if you still in doubt,
a) set break in file qt5/qtdeclarative/src/quick/items/qquickloader.cpp at line 596 (should be "if (!q->isComponentComplete() || !component)"),
b) press F5, main windown of the app should became available
c) and open second tab ("Settings 2")
and ensure that QQuickLoaderPrivate still tries to use deleted object
(as you can see on screenshot, address of component is @0xf7f8c0!)
This bug was introduced between
Wed Sep 11 4072c25a70acaa11e7831848c327be7886ef473e and
Sat Aug 31 770893c71b179aa87c1bf2d83318ba62c8c2aa96
|For Gerrit Dashboard: QTBUG-35334|
|73356,3||Fix crash in QQuickLoader when source component is garbage collected||stable||qt/qtdeclarative||Status: MERGED||+2||0|