When using Windows Native dictation (Windows Speech Recognition) in
Qt 5.4 examples using QLineEdit and QTextEdit widgets,
dictation works properly, but not word-related commands like:
- Select <word>;
- Correct <word>
There are issues also with sentence-related commands.
There are no such issues with Notepad, WordPad
0. Attatch a microphone.
1. Start a Qt example using QTextEdit or QLineEdit,
i.e. textedit example;
2. Make Setup including Microphone Training, Voice Training, etc
RunWizard UserEnrollment (Set Up Speech Recognition);
3. Optional - Learn Tutorial
RunWizard Tutorial (Speech Recognition Tutorial)
4. Run WSR as
Speech Recognition floating window (WSR):
5. Dictate some text to textedit example text area;
The text is dictated proprely.
6. Try to use commands like:
Observe that the commands are not recognized.
7. Repeat dictation with NotePad, WordPad and/or Word.
Observe that the commands used in paragraph 6 are
The expectation is that
Qt text handling widgets to support WSR commands.