Priority: Not Evaluated
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
- Block scoped variables using "let" instead of "var"
- Template Strings - multiline strings without needing to concat strings, and inlining variables like this: `This is a string with a $
- "Arrow functions", simple anonymous functions that look like this: `argument => doSomething(argument)`. Also uses a lexical `this` in the body of the function.
I don't know if QML can support ES2015 modules - that might conflict with its use of the import keyword.
Folks can try out ES2015 features in-browser here using the Babel transpiler:
Transpiling stuff with Babel works great on a lot of features, but things like block scoping and constants would work a lot better if it was supported natively in the engine.
Some interesting reading material:
- http://www.2ality.com/2015/02/es6-classes-final.html (also a ton more articles on ES2015 on this blog)
- A huge in-depth book on ES2015: http://exploringjs.com/