Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Build tools: qmake
Today, deployment is handled by running a custom, platform-specific deployment tool after "make (install)" (if not handled by Qt Creator). There are reasons to unify this under the build system:
- Give all build steps a common, less verbose user interface.
- We want the build system to tell us exactly what the application QML files are.
Today the deployqt tools runs qmlimportscanner in "directiory iteration mode": All qml files in the app source dir is scanned.
- Move deployqt tools to qtbase, as host tools together with moc, rcc. We can then depend on them being present after QtBase is built.
- Introduce QML_SOURCES and use it everywhere, for all application QML files.
- deployqt options: macdeployqt etc has several platform specific options. "make" is not well suited for processing and forwarding command line options.