Priority: P3: Somewhat important
Resolution: Out of scope
Affects Version/s: 4.8.2, 5.5.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Build tools: qmake
This is the continuation of
When building software from different components, you often need to link to libraries from other subprojects.
As debug_and_release is active by default on Windows, the paths to the libraries are different from the paths on Linux or Mac.
- It's unclear why debug_and_release is set on Windows and not for the other OS
- Especially in Qt Creator, which creates shadow-build directories, it's hard to specifiy the path to a library or executeable file
- For me it's also unclear if I can safely set CONFIG-=debug_and_release or if there are side-effects.
- As it was unknown for me that I can disable the extra debug and release subdirectories for six years, there is surely some documentation missing.
- I'd at lease like some help from Qt Creators project wizards, but this was rejected by Tobias