Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 5.7.0 Beta
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Quick: Controls 2
Arbitrary model item count, control geometry, and configurable fonts make the concept of "visible item count" a bit confusing and problematic. I'm always unsure what to specify, and seeing the property immediately raises questions like:
- What if the items don't fit? Do they overlap?
- Why can't Tumbler calculate a suitable value for me?
- What if the model item count is less than the visible item count?
Therefore, I'd like to propose removing/deprecating the visibleItemCount property. Tumbler should calculate something that fits the available geometry. Furthermore, there probably should be a bool wrap -property that is by default:
- false when the model item count is less than the calculated ideal visible item count
- true when the model item count is greater or equal than the calculated ideal visible item count
This implies that we either implement non-wrapping PathView, or add an internal helper type that automatically chooses between PathView and ListView. This way Hours+Minutes+AM/PM type of tumblers would work nicely out of the box: http://blog.ittybittyapps.com/images/posts/lifting-the-lid-on-ios-7s-uipicker/UIDatePickerComparison.jpg