Uploaded image for project: 'Qt'
  1. Qt
  2. QTBUG-57844

libqconnmanbearer plugin loops erroring

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: P2: Important
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 5.8.0 RC
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Linux, connman

      Description

      I have upgraded recently from 5.7.1 to 5.8.RC and I am seeing something strange now.

      my application handles the debug log and i am getting the following log :

       2016-12-30 07:52:33 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:52:43 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:52:53 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:53:03 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:53:13 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:53:23 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:53:33 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:53:43 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:53:53 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:54:03 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:54:13 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:54:23 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:54:33 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:54:43 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:54:53 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:55:03 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:55:13 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:55:23 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:55:33 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:55:43 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:55:53 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      2016-12-30 07:56:03 [ DEBUG ] Log.cpp @ 29 - "\"Unexpected reply signature: got \\\"\\\", expected \\\"a{sv}\\\"\""
      

      This is looping over and over every 10 seconds.

      I tried to see where this was coming from and i got the folowing stacktrace :

      >~"#0  qtMessageOutput (type=QtDebugMsg, context=..., msg=...) at /home/longchair/LibreELEC.tv/build.PlexMediaPlayer-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/plexmediaplayer-long-libcec4/src/utils/Log.cpp:22\n"
      >~"#1  0x73b0f5ce in qt_message_output(QtMsgType, QMessageLogContext const&, QString const&) () from target:/usr/local/qt5/lib/libQt5Core.so.5\n"
      >~"#2  0x73bb0fe2 in QDebug::~QDebug() () from target:/usr/local/qt5/lib/libQt5Core.so.5\n"
      >~"#3  0x6e373b12 in ?? () from target:/usr/local/qt5/plugins/bearer/libqconnmanbearer.so\n"
      

      So it looks that something is wrong with the connmanbearer dbus API calls and that will generate an endless error log.

      We are using connman 1.33, but also tried 1.31 and gave me the same issue.
      All this works fine with 5.7.

      Let me know if you need any further information.

        Attachments

        No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            lpotter Lorn Potter
            Reporter:
            longchair LongChair
            Votes:
            2 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            7 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

                Gerrit Reviews

                There are no open Gerrit changes