Priority: P3: Somewhat important
Affects Version/s: 5.8.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Quick: Core Declarative QML
Environment:Android 4.1.2, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
When filling in multiple QML TextFields in succession and without dismissing the virtual keyboard, if a TextField with echoMode: TextInput.Password or echoMode: TextInput.PasswordEchoOnEdit is filled after a TextField without either of these echoModes, the text of the previous TextField gets copied into the password TextField before any new characters are filled in.
For example, imagine two TextFields:
Filling in the first works just fine, filling in the second immediately afterwards without a dismissal of the virtual keyboard leads to a copy of the text in the first one into the second one. Typing in "helloworld" into the first one, then selecting the second one and pressing the t button would result in "helloworldt" filled into the second one.
More specific behaviours:
- The copy only happens after the first key of the keyboard is pressed, but is set in front of the newly applied character
- It only happens between non-password field and password field in that specific order - no problem the other way around or between two non-password or two password fields.
- Dismissing the keyboard between inputs stops the copy from happening
- If there's text in the password textfield already, the copy is put after the existing text
- Setting a placeholderText has no effect
- Changing the echoMode to a not-password related one immediately stops any copies from happening with the exact same other settings.
This only happens on Android and is even then limited to (a) specific version(s). I could not reproduce the bug on desktop, iOs or Android 5.1.1, however, on the Galaxy S3 Mini running Android 4.1.2 it happens consistently.