On macOS with Qt 5.10.0, a QMessage dialog always displays the green zoom button - even if you explicitly tells it not to display such button. For modal alerts this is a really bad user experience as it makes no sense to zoom a small alert to take the full screen. Attached is a sample project 'QMessageBoxBug' to reproduce the issue.
When compiling the sources with Qt 5.9.3, you will see such an alert on macOS 10.13.2:
If you compile the source code with Qt 5.10.0, you will see an alert with the green zoom button:
The complete project source code is attached QMessageBoxBug.zip and the bug can be reproduced with 5 lines of code:
Steps de reproduce:
- Download the attached QMessageBoxBug project or copy the 5 lines of code in any project
- Compile on macOS 10.13.2 using Qt 5.10.0
- Run the application
Result: The QMessageBox alert has a green zoom button.
Expected result: The QMessageBox alert should not have a green zoom button
- This issue is not reproducible with Qt 5.9.3
- So far I did not find any workaround
- Also note that the close and minimize button are disabled but visible with Qt 5.10.0. With Qt 5.9.3 they don't appear at all as expected.