Uploaded image for project: 'Qt'
  1. Qt
  2. QTBUG-66346

[Regression 5.9.2->5.9.4] Wrong HTML rendering on Linux with Qt 5.9.4

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: P1: Critical
    • Resolution: Done
    • Affects Version/s: 5.9.4, 5.10.1
    • Fix Version/s: 5.9.5, 5.11.0
    • Component/s: WebEngine
    • Environment:
      Ubuntu 16.04 with latest updates.

      CentOS 7.4.1708

      Also tested on Fedora 27 and OpenSUSE 42.3
    • Commits:
      488b8e8ed01018c155812e5cfb06162a5e216c7a e5866624a201b48c16a043fe876f7da08dae90ee

      Description

      Hi,

      After update from 5.9.2 to 5.9.4 for Linux build, I found an issue.

      Note: I use official precompiled release binaries.

      After deploying my application showed weird artifacts in HTML content shown with QWebEngineView.

      After some investigation, I found only this:

      It qt.conf after deploying qt libs has Prefix with relative path Qt WebEngine renders HTML incorrectly.

      I even tried to copy all qt libs and dependencies to make sure there is no missed libs or plugins - didn't help.

      I've attached test project 'browser-test' that illustrate the issue with absolute minimum amount of code:

      #include <QApplication>
      #include <QWebEngineView>
      
      QUrl commandLineUrlArgument()
      {
        const QStringList args = QCoreApplication::arguments();
        for (const QString &arg : args.mid(1)) {
          if (!arg.startsWith(QLatin1Char('-')))
            return QUrl::fromUserInput(arg);
        }
        return QUrl(QStringLiteral("https://accounts.autodesk.com"));
      }
      
      int main(int argc, char *argv[])
      {
        QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling);
        QApplication app(argc, argv);
      
        QWebEngineView view;
        view.setUrl(commandLineUrlArgument());
        view.resize(1024, 750);
        view.show();
      
        return app.exec();
      } 
      

      test.html:

      <!DOCTYPE html>
      <html>
      <head>
      <meta charset="UTF-8">
      <title>Title of the document</title>
      </head>
      
      <body>
      Content of the document......
      <p>Text next line!</p>
      </body>
      

      Check attached screenshots for actual results of running:

      ./browser-test $(pwd)/test.html
      

      with relative Prefix path in qt.conf - incorrect-html-rendering.png

      with absolute Prefix path in qt.conf - correct-html-rendering.png 

       

      Windows and MacOS builds are working fine.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

          No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                kkohne Kai Köhne
                Reporter:
                andrii.anpilogov Andrii Anpilogov
              • Votes:
                2 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                9 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Gerrit Reviews

                  There are no open Gerrit changes