Priority: P3: Somewhat important
Affects Version/s: 5.7.1, 5.10.1, 5.11.1, 5.12.2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:* qt 5.10.1 webinstaller
* qt 5.7.1 - debian
* qt 5.7.1 - from pypi via PyQt
I think this affects every Qt version, at least starting from 5.7.1
setBackgroundColor seems to be broken for me when viewing multiple 'types of link'.
To reproduce on simplebrowser:
- Apply attached patches to simplebrowser (to set background color to black), and print a little debug information.
- Open a new blank tab with right click in tabbar -> new tab
- Navigate to file:///dev/null , which displays a completely black page.
- In the same tab, type 'qt.io' into the search bar, and hit enter.
- Navigate to file:///dev/null in the same tab.
I expect this to display a black page, but instead, I see a white page.
Furthermore, once this state is reached, I see white flashes between loads of webpages (which this setting is supposed to prevent).
Trying to workaround this issue by running setBackgroundColor repeatedly dosen't help, I must run it twice (to unset it, and set it back). Once doing that, it seems to work as expected, until it breaks again.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.