QTcpSocket cannot connect to server via system proxy. Please find attached example project for this issue.
To reproduce my issue, you only need one Windows machine.
1. Setup proxy server on it
2. Run the server application
3. Change server ip in MainWindow::connectTcp().
4. Make sure argument of QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration is
true in client's main()
5. Run client, and no debug output
6. Change argument of QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration to
7. Run client, you will see the debug output "Hello client".
I tried this case with one windows machine, both client and server running on same computer, but also with a setup where server is running on Mac, client is running on windows 10 and 3rd computer as a proxy in between.
When using proxy, i was able to connect to Mac from client comp via browser (10.9.21.xx:9967) and browser prints Hello Client. I was able to make ssh connection from win10 to mac using proxy. But when I run the client example project, using QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration(false); works like a charm, but QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration(true); does not make the connection
Attached the example project which contains client and server, also a gif file from customer to show the setup