Priority: P2: Important
Resolution: Out of scope
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Device Creation
Epic Name:Multi screen and multi app systems in embedded
Added attachment https://bugreports.qt.io/secure/attachment/84224/complex-display-and-input-systems.PNG to display a diagram of complex system impacting display and input systems (this is from our licensing guide but works also here). The mechanism to assign focus from an app to a specific display, and user to interact through input mechanisms (camera gestures, voice, input devices, touch) so that correct application is getting the inputs needs specific attention from us. Our current implementation scales poorly to this kid of complex use cases.
Cut & paste from mother Initiative
- Single Soc running several displays, e.g. in automotive a instrument cluster, center main screen, head up display and passanger screens. Note: The displays may be of different sizes, resolutions and aspect rations, some or all with high resolution and high DPI.
- Multiple SoC's (or virtual machnines) addressing a single shared screen, sometimes on overlays or different parts of the screen
Placeholder, content will appear 1H2019
- Wayland relevance over years
- Multi touch on multiple screens simultaneously
- App specific focus, app manager, app life cycle