LoaderMemLeak App (attached) Background:
- A simple app that uses QML Loader to switch between two QMLs
- QML 1 and QML2 both just load a PNG image (Qt Logo 1 for QML1 and Qt Logo 2 for QML2), 10,000 times
- main.qml has a button on the upper left of the UI, used for switching between the two QML files.
Steps to Reproduce the issue:
- On QNX, run the app.
- Also, have a separate terminal for the top commaLoaderMemLeak.zipnd to monitor memory consumption
- Press the button once, and wait for the image to show up (Green Qt Logo)
- After the image is shown, press the button once again to load the second qml, and wait for the image to show up (Red Qt Logo)
- While monitoring the output of the top command, press the button rapidly 40-50 times.
You will notice that after the entire operation, you will notice that the free memory is significantly less than before performing step 5.
Other things we tried and their results:
- Repeating steps 3 and 4 above, w/o performing step 5, does not result in a memory leak.
- Occurs on target (QNX 7, Qt 5.9.6)
- Occurs on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, Qt 5.12
No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.