Looks very related to a similar hang but for network drives.
Note that the repro below uses a sample Qt app but we first hit this in our real application; I don't think there's anything special about the example.
- Create an internet shortcut to "www.google.com":
- Right click on desktop
- Hover over New
- Click Shortcut
- Enter www.google.com into search box
- Hit Next
- Name it anything
- Hit finish
- Open the example "Application Example"
- Open the file picker (ctrl+o works as a shortcut)
- Select the internet shortcut you created
- Click Open
- Dialog closes
- QFileDialog::GetOpenFileName actually returns an empty file name (as expected)
Actual: Application is now hung and is unresponsive to all clicks, prints
Unable to create a local copy of QShellItem(attributes=0x400004 [stream], normalDisplay="http://www.google.com/", desktopAbsoluteParsing="http://www.google.com/"", url=QUrl(http://www.google.com/))
to debug console.
Expected: No hang