Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 5.13.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Connectivity: Bluetooth
Environment:Windows 10 Version 1809 (build 17763.678)
Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Dongle
Qt 5.13.0 MSVC 2017 64 bit
The page at https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.13 claims that Bluetooth pairing is no longer needed on Windows to discover and connect.
I cannot replicate the above.
- Windows 10 Version 1809 (build 17763.678)
- Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Dongle
- Qt 5.13.0 MSVC 2017 64 bit
1. Windows 10 is able to discover all my devices (iOS 12.4, iOS 10.3.3, Android 5.0.2, Windows 10 ) and also many unknown neighboring devices.
2. Scanning with QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent discovers some of the unknown neighboring devices but none of my devices.
3. The moment I pair my devices with my host system, QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent successfully discovers them.