Some functionality, even though not directly rendering-related, cannot be tested without preparing a frame. Use only beginOffscreenFrame() in this task, meaning no swapchain and QWindow needs to be created. If a renderpass is needed use a texture as the target.
Leave testing full-blown onscreen cases to
Things to exercise:
- nativeHandles() on various objects
- importing context/device/texture
- QRhiResourceUpdateBatch. creating, submitting, merging.
- buffer operations (update/upload)
- texture operations (upload, copy, readback)
- beginOffscreenFrame, clearing and rendering something simple to a texture