Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 5.12.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: GUI: Graphics Performance
Environment:macOS Catalina Beta 9 or newer.
Maya 2020 PR109 performance degrades due to lengthy memory operations caused by Qt when using a dual-display setup on macOS.
For Maya 2020 PR109:
- Single display setups running on Catalina Beta 9 or newer work well.
- Dual display setups on Catalina Beta 9 or newer show the issue talked about. The frames are not smooth and jitter.
- When using the Pro Display XDR in a dual display setup the problem becomes a lot more severe and Maya is deemed unusable.
- Both single and dual display setups on latest Mojave show the same or a simlar issue. I have not verified the callstack is the same however.
• STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Attach two displays to machine
2) Launch Maya 2020 beta
3) Create an object
4) Use 3-button mouse to pan in viewport (middle mouse click and drag to pan)
See attached files for callstacks.