- Build the "Menus Example" (widget-based)
- Run on Windows-10 with Narrator or NVDA screen reader
- Alt+E (brings up edit menu), F (brings up format submenu)
- Navigate to checked item with arrow keys (Left Align)
- Read as "Left Align Ctrl+L" (NVDA) or "Left Align, Menu item, Menu Key Ctrl+L" (Narrator)
- Nothing is said to indicate that the item is "checked"
- Compare with notepad.exe, View/Status Bar which will read "Status Bar Checked S" with NVDA or "Status Bar Menuitem Checked Menu Key S" with Narrator. The word "checked" provides hint.
- On macOS, this "Menu Example" works correctly with VoiceOver, it will add "checkmark" when it reads menu items that are checked.
- Also see this problem with Qt Creator on Windows (the Qt Creator program menus).
No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.