How to reproduce on iOS:
- Open the example "Qt Quick Controls - Text Editor"
- In texteditor.qml remove "footer:", so the toolbar is not covered by the keyboard
- Start the app on iPad
- Start a new line
- type in a word, e.g. "Safa"
- Make it Bold
- Use predictive typing to complete the word to "Safari" (or any other word)
- The completed text has default font
On Android the behavior is a bit different, but also buggy. I can complete Safari without losing the formatting, but when pressing backspace predictive typing kicks in and the formatting is lost.