P3: Somewhat important
- Start application as windows service.
- Use a proxy which requires authentication.
- Connect to QNetworkAccessManager::proxyAuthenticationRequired signal
The websocket can not connect to the url if a proxy server is enabled and the connected slot is not called.
The actual proxy information (enabled, host, port) are stored in the following registry path:
which belongs to the current user and windows services does not have access to the current_user keys.
As a result the connection is not built and runs into a timeout.
- **More sophisticated error handling to let the clients know about this issue.
- Impersonate current user to access proxy information.