Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 5.9.6, 5.12.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: GUI: Font handling
Garbled character is displayed when switching Arabic to another language. I attached sample program (source code) that reproduces the problem.Garbled character is displayed when switching Arabic to another language. I attached sample program (source code : ArabicFontChangeSample.zip) that reproduces the problem.
Steps to Reproduce
- Launch the sample program
- Click a button labeled "Arabic"
- Click a button labeled "Japanese"
- Garbled characters are displayed
- This symptom happens when selecting Arabic first then switch to another language. If Japanese or English is selected first, this symptom never happens.
- This symptom only happens when “NoFontMerging” is specified as QFont::StyleStrategy option. "NoFontMerging" is specified in main.cpp.