Medium/large tasks in scope for Qt 6 (6.0).
- Enable high-DPI support by default:
- Improve auto-test coverage:
- X11: Figure out DPI configuration. Try to get away from configuration via environment variables, except for end-user overrides: QTBUG-84082
- QIcon overhaul:
- Iterate on/refactor the QHighDPIScaling API
- Documentation: needs significant changes, if not a complete rewrite.
- Rework main high-DPI page.
- Qt documentation often use the term "pixels", which now can mean either device independent or device pixels, also depending on whether Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling is enabled. Figure out how to best document this.
- Screen, DPI and DPR change events: QTBUG-83680
- Embedded EGLFS: verify that DPI configuration works as expected
- If the device is using Wayland or X11, then configure that windowing system
- Backends like LinuxFB can be configured with physical size, which works well since the target device is known.
- Details at: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html
- QHighDpiScaling code structure: QTBUG-83917
- Finish the high-DPI QUIP.