On Windows startSystemMove and startSystemResize DOES NOT trigger aero snap on frameless windows as suggested by the following blog post:
Note that it's also suggested in https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwindow.html#startSystemMove
You could try with the following example:
This is an interresting feature, but since it does not work properly, it feel useless, at least on Windows.
Note that I achived to implements the aero snap feature, and also the drop shadow, but this needs a bit of Windows specific C++ code to works:
- Needs to react to the WM_NCCALCSIZE event.
- Needs to use the QtWin::extendFrameIntoClientArea.
- Needs to set back some window native flags after settings Qt ones: WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_THICKFRAME
So this is not currently possible with pure QML.
It would be nice in fact to have a bit more control over the windows via some flags, something like:
- Qt.SnapWindowHint add the native flags to force snapping support on the windows (in addition with Qt.FramelessWindowHint)
- Qt.DropShadowWindowHint add the native flags to force window shadow (in addition with Qt.FramelessWindowHint) or to allow Qt to emulate it.
|For Gerrit Dashboard: QTBUG-84466|
|325649,12||WIP: Sync the behavior of Qt::FramelessWindowHint on Windows with other platforms||dev||qt/qtbase||Status: NEW||-2||0|