Type: User Story
Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 6.x
Fix Version/s: None
Many users want/need to get information (and updates) about the state of the network(s) to which they're connected.
Examples of such are:
- Reachability - does the OS say we can reach the internet? The local net? Anything?
- Consider also "isHostReachable(QUrl)", if it can be reasonably implemented for most/all supported platforms
- Media - is it connected by ethernet? WiFi? Mobile network?
- Also including the name of the connection (for wifi: SSID, for ethernet/etc.: interface's name)
- Metered - is the connection metered? How much data is remaining?
- 'Airplane-mode' - should we notify when airplane mode is enabled?
- Some platforms don't have a concept of airplane-mode, so those would reasonably always return 'false'
The final scope of this task depends on