- host CMake Qt build with zstd support and
- an Android target Cmake Qt build without zstd support
- building an application for Android with CMake
- androiddeployqt will run rcc with default compression options to generate android_rcc_bundle.rcc, which means zstd and
- the resulting Android app will try to load the the assets with QResource::registerResource (in androidjnimain.cpp), which
- will silently fail as the compression flag indicates an unsupported scheme.
- leading finally to a hard-to-debug application failure if the files in android_rcc_bundle.rcc were needed.
- androiddeployqt should call rcc with a compression scheme supported by the target
- androidjnimain.cpp should issue a critical warning if registerResource fails
- QResource::registerResource should ideally have an overload which returns a "reason enum" indicating why it failed.