- Using any version of Qt that supports UI Automation, create a dialog with at least one button (see below code sample)
- Open NVDA (https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda http://nvda.bhvd.de/ )
- Show the dialog
- NVDA reads the dialog contents and the focused widget once (e.g. "Critical message dialog, This is a critical message, OK button, Enter")
- NVDA reads the dialog contents and the focused widget twice
- I am upgrading an application from 5.9.3 (MSAA accessibility backend) to 5.15.1 (UIA accessibility backend). NVDA behaves as expected in 5.9.3.
- I only see this issue in Qt applications. The UIA examples on MSDN do not exhibit this issue.
- Narrator does not exhibit this issue. Only NVDA.
- The same issue can be seen when creating a simple dialog in Qt Designer and previewing it (from the Form menu)
- This might be related to QTBUG-90897, though the symptoms are slightly different.