Priority: P1: Critical
Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 Alpha
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Virtual Keyboard
After showing Qt Virtual Keyboard for the first time during QML Preview session, preview can not be updated anymore. Error message in console says:
Error loading QML Live Preview:
2 QML engines available. We cannot decide which one should load the component.
- It is obviously a Qt bug — Qt / QML / Creator can not handle things they were designed for.
- There should be some way to distinguish QML engines, in case if there are many of them. How did it happened that Qt Creator used a socket to connect, but both engines ended up replying on it?
Steps to reproduce:
- Start new Qt/QML project
- Add a QtQuick.Controls/TextField component
- Install Qt Virtual Keyboard module
- Add QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard environment variable, for example before initializing app in C++:
- Start QML Preview
- Make changes to the document to make sure live reloading works
- Click on a text field to active keyboard
- Make changes to the document again. It should produce errors from now on.