Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Location: Maps/Navigation
Sprint:Team 1 Foundation_Sprint 44
I have started to port QtLocation maps to Qt 6.2 and this issue is to track and collect all the relevant information.
- All classes are included into CMake build and modified for Qt 6.
- OpenGL backend code of MapPolyline, MapPolygn, MapcCircle and MapRectangle (including labs project) is ported to new abstract graphics API.
- MapboxGL plugin is re-introdced as MaplibreGL plugin. It compiles on MSVC, Android and iOS but is pointed to a fork of maplibre repository because it needs changes to be merged into the main repo.
- Mouse and touch input part is re-written to support new 'exclusiveGrabber' and to be able to share different touch point between different child items. For example, one finger can pan the map and another finger can scroll child ListView.
Map tiles are not visible during flick animation. But they are when performing 'center' property CoordinateAnimation on the QML side. No idea, what's the cause. Flick movement is basically the same, only on the C++ side.Fixed with https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtlocation/+/373996 MapPolyline extruded version has scrambled miter joints when route/polyline contains equal coordinates twice in the path, next to each other. Seems that routes can have this, when it contains multiple route segments or something.But, the same behaviour is in Qt 5. WIP: "mapboxgl" plugin has been switched to Maplibre. I compiles and works. TODO: rename everything an re-introduce it a "maplibregl" plugin. Tests are not included.https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtlocation/+/380646/8
- Examples are not yet ported/included.
- Gestures: when panning the map with one finger to an offset and then placing a second finger on the map, then map jumps in a panned distance.
- Gestures: holding down one finger until long press is triggered, placing second finger on the map and releasing the first one, causes zoom gesture when moving the second (the only one left) - as if the first finger is still down.
- There seems to be a change either in Qt 6.3 or in iOS where shaders don't have enouch precision. Moving GL objects (polyline, etc) are jumping when panning with bigger zoom levels. Even if split double is used. This "jumping" goes away when using: QQuickWindow::setGraphicsApi(QSGRendererInterface::OpenGLRhi);. It happens only on iOS (perhaps Mac as well) and default RHI (Metal, I guess). Android and Windows are smooth.
|For Gerrit Dashboard: QTBUG-96795|
|379151,13||Migrate geojson_viewer example to Qt 6||dev||qt/qtlocation||Status: NEW||0||0|
|381443,7||Migrate mapviewer to Qt 6||dev||qt/qtlocation||Status: NEW||0||0|
|382087,15||Re-introduce Mapbox GL plugin as Maplibre GL Native||dev||qt/qtlocation||Status: NEW||0||0|
|388843,11||Porting Examples: use CMake replace qmake||dev||qt/qtlocation||Status: NEW||0||0|
|399449,2||Manual fixes in CMake files for examples||dev||qt/qtlocation||Status: NEW||0||0|
|399450,3||Small improvements and fixes in different examples projects||dev||qt/qtlocation||Status: NEW||0||0|