Uploaded image for project: 'Qt'
  1. Qt
  2. QTBUG-97784

MySQL: Unable to set the client character set to utf8 (""). Using 'utf8' instead.

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: P2: Important
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 6.2.0
    • Fix Version/s: 6.2.1
    • Component/s: SQL Support
    • Labels:
      None
    • Platform/s:
      Windows

      Description

      Hello,

      I recently upgraded my app Qt version from 5.15.2 to 6.2. I can connect to any MySQL database successfully using Qt MySQL Driver but I always get this message while doing so: 

      MySQL: Unable to set the client character set to utf8 (""). Using 'utf8' instead.
      

      I didn't specify any character set in the connection options:

      db = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QMYSQL", "DbOp");
      
      db.setHostName("hostname.com");
      
      db.setUserName("developer");
      
      db.setPassword("password");
      
      db.setDatabaseName("database_name");

      I didn't have this message with Qt 5.15.2. I reported the issue to the driver compiler and he pointed to Qt.

        Attachments

        No reviews matched the request. Check your Options in the drop-down menu of this sections header.

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            chehrlic Christian Ehrlicher
            Reporter:
            abdullah_radwan Abdullah Radwan
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

                Gerrit Reviews

                There are no open Gerrit changes