- Have a checkout of Qt's branch 4.8.
- Create an out-of-source build of this using the following configure switches
The build directory will contain two XML files named "demos" and "examples", both without a suffix.
- Configure a kit using this Qt build in Creator.
- Open a demo from the Qt source directory.
I used demos\declarative\minehunt\minehunt.pro
- Configure the demo to use the kit from step 3.
By some magic, Creator will determine that it should be build inside Qt's build directory.
- Try to build the demo.
Build will fail because Creator can not create a subdirectory "demos" due to the file of the same name.
Creator should always be able to build a project using default. If it can't build the project, the defaults are wrong.