Priority: P3: Somewhat important
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 2.8.1, Qt Creator 3.4.0, Qt Creator 3.4.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Analyzer: Valgrind / Callgrind / Memcheck
Environment:OpenSuse 13.1 Linux, 64bit, gcc version 4.8.1 20130909
Commits:make the bullet points work
In short: The memory Analyzer plugins is not working and i don't know why.
I'm trying to analyse (valgrind) a program on linux using QtCreator. But the menu in qt creator is disabled.
- I've checked the plugins dialogue and the Valgrind plugin is greyed out, but selected.
- I've checked the installation directory and the plugin is there.
- Valgrind is installed (valgrind --version -> valgrind-3.8.1)
- valgrind works (valgrind --tool=callgrind ./myprog)
- I tried the stock version of QtCreator (2.8.1) and a newer installation in ~/bin/Qt.. (3.4.0 and 3.4.1)
- I tried it with a qmake and a cmake project.
- I tried it with Qt and non Qt projects
- I tried to re-enable the QtQuick plugins. This made the menu work and the Analyse icon on the left appeared, but still no valgrind support.
- Somebody suggested to check the valgrind path in Tools -> Options... -> Analyzer, but there is no such icon in the Options and I didn't find it in a tab.