On the Qt-interest mailinglist, there was a discussion about using CLion instead of Creator . Despite the ranting, there were some interesting suggestions to be read there. One was about real multiple-cursor support illustrated here .
In Qt Creator you can use ALT to select a block (that may be 0-width) and type on several lines at the same time. Useful, but not very flexible. It would be nice if that support could be extended to be more flexible, so you can:
- move the cursor while in this mode
- Arrow Keys move all cursors simultanously
- Home and End move all cursor to begin or end of the repective line
- make it also work if the parts of the lines you want to edit are not aligned on a column
- reselect text after undo operations
- shortcut to place cursor on every local occurence
- paste into every cursor
- place new cursor with mouse via ctrl+shift+LMB
See the attached gifs from post .