Priority: P4: Low
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 4.0.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Project & Build Management
This is the converse of "Remote Linux" support, wherein an application is compiled locally, then deployed to a remote device so it can be run. Instead, I'd like the ability to deploy the sources to a remote machine, compile there, then download the build products.
I might want to do that because I have access to a fast machine that can compile quicker than my laptop.Or, in reality for me, I have a Linux laptop but I have access to an OS X server.
- Ability to specify custom commands for uploading the sources
- default: rsync to a given path
- git push && remote git reset --hard
- no update (shared filesystem)
- Ability to specify how to download build products
- rsync, no download (e.g., doesn't make sense)
- No assumption that the remote machine is Linux. Or Unix. It might be a Windows server.
- Ability to specify even MSVC as the remote compiler, when the host is Linux or OS X.
- This has impact on parsing of the build log
- Independence from SSH
- the access may not be done with SSH, or not via regular SSH (could be rsh, adb, sdb, etc.)