Priority: Not Evaluated
Resolution: Out of scope
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 4.2.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Widget Designer
1) Create a new QWidgets Application
2) Add new Qt Designer Form Class
3) Drag and drop some QLabels and QLineEdits (parent class doesn't matter)
4) Select all the widgets you have just dropped
5) Click on toolbar's button "Layout Out in a Form Layout"
6) Run the application and resize the window/dialog you have created at step 3
1) The Window is not responsive. All the QLineEdits and QLabels have fixed size (See attachement 1)
2) In Designer, the default value for the property layoutFieldGrowthPolicy of the FormLayout is AllNonFixedFieldsGrow (value has not been changed, the property name is not in bold) (see attachement 2). All QLineEdits and QLablels have their size adapted with the parent widget size (see attachement 3)
1) The window is responsive. All the QLineEdits and QLabels have their size depending on parent widget's size because, in Designer, the default value for layoutFieldGrowthPolicy of the FormLayout is AllNonFixedFieldsGrow. Or, the default value for layoutFieldGrowthPolicy of the FormLayout is not AllNonFixedFieldsGrow.
7) Change the value for the property layoutFieldGrowthPolicy of the FormLayout (other than AllNonFixedFieldsGrow).
8) Change again the value for the property layoutFieldGrowthPolicy and select AllNonFixedFieldsGrow (do not use the reset button) !
Observed and expected result:
1) The window is responsive (see attachement 4)