Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 4.3.0-rc1
Fix Version/s: Qt Creator 4.9.0-beta2
Component/s: Project & Build Management
Environment:Windows 10 64 bit
MSVC2015 64 bit
- Open a project.
- Go to Projects mode.
- Remove the "build-" from the build directory.
This is needed to work around
- Build the project using the 64-bit version of MSVC2015.
- Close the project.
- Remove the .pro.user file from the project's source directory.
- Remove the kit you used for building.
- Open the project again.
- Go to "Tools" -> "Options..." -> "Build & Run" -> "Kits".
A temporary kit was created that resembles the kit you used for building. It has a "Stop!" icon.
- Select this kit.
You'll see that the compilers don't match. The kit uses the 64-bit version for C and the 32-bit version for C++.
- Go to "Compilers" tab.
C and C++ compilers are available in 32- and 64-bit versions, so the kit could have used them.
An autodetected kit should be consistent and usable.