Request for support of the Bazel build system
Cmake has been and will continue to be a great all around build system used across industries and communities but newer build systems such as Meson and bazel are gaining steam and they have a compelling case for support.
In particular the bazel build system offers many promising features over cmake, such as
- reproducible very fast incremental builds with a strong guarantee of never needing to make clean again
- flexible per file/regex compiler flags
- more coherent management of external libraries built with a project (as opposed to pre-installed to the operating system)
- More clean dependency handling in terms of includes, flags, and libraries to link against
- built in support for fetching resources from the web/git etc