- Open a source file.
- Move the cursor to the middle of the file.
- Press Ctrl+E,2 to split the editor.
- Press Ctrl+Home to jump to the beginning of the file.
- Press Enter to insert a new line.
In the moment this line is inserted in the one split, the other split scrolls to the end of the file.
- Press Ctrl+E,0 to close the current split.
- Press an error key to move the cursor.
The editor scrolls back to the middle of the file because the cursor stayed there all the time.
An editor split should not move when doing anything in another split. An editor split should not scroll to a location other than the cursor's position (unless the user requested it).