- Configure two kits, one using Qt 5.3.1 and another one using Qt 5.6.1.
Using Qt 5.10.1 will lead to the same result as Qt 5.6.1.
- Create a new project of type "Qt Quick Application - Empty".
- Configure the project to use the kit with Qt 5.3.1.
- In the Projects view, right-click on the project's .qrc-file and select "Rename..." from the context menu.
- Change the file's extension to ".QRC", i.e. capitalize the letters.
Nothing unexpected will happen.
- Change the file's extension back to ".qrc".
- Configure the project to use the kit with Qt 5.6.1.
- Repeat steps four and five.
The file's name will change to something like "/tmp/build-untitled-5_6_1-Debug/qmake_qmake_immediate.qrc". This file does not even exist.
Creator should not independently change a file's name. Should it really need to, then the result should be something usable.
Found when updating Squish test tst_rename_file.