I don't know exactly what might be the reason and I could not reliably reproduce to get a better back trace than the one from the release package, but maybe you're able to see what might have gone wrong..
What I did:
- created a model consisting of packages, classes, interfaces and some other stuff
- don't think it's related, but I've used Cyrillic letters for the class names
- added some relations (I had multiple inheritance and some cyclic dependencies probably as well)
- removed one of the classes that had others inherited and relationships to other items as well
Crash produced a core file but as this was the snapshot for 4.7 beta (a release build) [see Thread 1]