Type: User Story
Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Qt Creator 4.9.0-beta2
LibFormat is a library which is used by clang-format and contains most of its functionality.
Since our built-in code indentation/formatting lacks the support for modern C++ it can be a good idea to use formatting provided by clang.
- better modern C++ support
- more formatting settings than currently
- many projects already have configuration file for it (.clang-format)
Problems found so far:
- clang-format does not expect unfinished statements
- tricking clang-format to indent unfinished statements is quite complicated and is not reliable
- ideally requires some upstream changes to avoid tricks from QtC side